Join Our Team
Mental Health Provider
Every day, children are going without the therapy they need to thrive and we want to bridge this MENTAL HEALTH gap in our community. The Pueblo Child Advocacy Center (PCAC) is looking for an energetic, compassionate, impact-driven mental health provider with knowledge and experience in trauma response, child abuse, and family violence, and trauma-focused interventions.
The Pueblo Child Advocacy Center’s Mental Health Therapist will provide on-site therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and their non-offending family members who have been direct or indirect victims of physical and/or sexual abuse, neglect, and/or who have witnessed family violence. As a contractor position, benefits will not be offered. Bonuses for relocation and retention will be offered.
• Facilitate individual and family therapy sessions
• Coordinate support group activities
• Administer and interpret trauma assessments
• Participate in regular multidisciplinary team meetings at PCAC
• Maintain client records
• Attend training and conferences related to PCAC service delivery
• Other advocacy services; including crisis intervention, information and referral to long-term provider, and follow-up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and experience in trauma response, child abuse and family violence, and trauma-focused interventions
• Experience working with all age groups (children & adults), cues in the delivery of crisis intervention
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the PCAC
staff and MDT
· Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
· Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base.
· Understanding of the principles of Trauma-Informed Care.
• Completion of Master’s degree in Counseling (LPC/LCSW/LMFT) or related field with experience in trauma-focused therapy
• Licensed by State of Colorado board or ability to become licensed within a year
· Must provide and maintain own professional liability insurance
• One year experience in providing therapy to children and/or adolescents
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/12/2021.